Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for:
Payroll and HR Controlling Specialist
As Payroll & HR Controlling Specialist you will be in a key role to collaborate across HR and Finance functions in various locations. Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for HR and finance processes regarding employee related costs and reporting, including payroll & time and compliance with regulatory requirements.
We don’t just want any specialist, here are your main challenges:
- Act as subject matter expert and be the point of contact for HR and Finance departments to resolve complex matters, as well as any questions related to payroll, accounting, budgeting and recharge of employee related costs of foreign assignees employed by or hosted in Affiliates in Switzerland
- Collaborate with the HR and Finance Shared Service Centers (SSC) in all areas of payroll, time, accounting, intercompany recharges as well as fringe and post-employment benefits for Switzerland.
- Support the Payroll and HRC Manager in all aspects of payroll and tax to ensure compliance with local legislations
- Liaise with Northgate Arinso (our payroll service provider) on payroll activities and with the tax authorities on the tax related activities
Specifically you will:
- Perform payroll controls on a monthly basis, request necessary corrections and monitor correct execution in order to ensure flawless payroll processing
- Perform controls over HR related costs to ensure that they are properly reported in line with PM Principles & Practices and financial requirements
- Perform control over outsourced activities (PMI SSC / Northgate Arinso / KPMG)
- Be the main point of contact for SSC (Payroll & Benefits, Finance, CH country team and IA team), as well as for Northgate Arinso and KPMG to handle all questions related to country specific payroll activities (local & shadow payroll) and tax
- Support the local decision making process for implementation of tax related regulation impacting the payroll
- Coach, train and, when necessary conduct work shadowing for HR SSC employees in order to maintain the level of knowledge among the team
- Be involved in regular activities linked to payroll, accounting and process improvements
- Support implementation of global PMI projects
- In the HRC area, you will be responsible for the coordination and control over:
- HR accounting records of Swiss affiliates and related processes (Application of A-125 standard, payroll, tax and postemployment accounting, non-resident taxes, Balance Sheet reconciliations and follow-up)
- HR reporting and analysis (Analysis of fringe benefits, postemployment annual valuation, budget expat packages)
- Compliance with local legislation and rulings
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and French
- University or College Degree
- Substantial working experience in payroll or finance
- At ease with figures, analytical & learning capabilities
- Ready to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, extremely organized, detail oriented, able to handle deadlines and prioritize
- A self-starter, conscientious about doing quality work on a timely basis
- Customer-oriented attitude with a strong sense of urgency and constant follow-up
- Eager to take on challenges and learn new things, open to continuous improvement initiatives
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer to unlimit yourself:
- We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
- We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
- We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including Marlboro, the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
*Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development and commercialization, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and authorization, as is the case in the USA today
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.