DevOps Engineer - Digital Transformation
Hi, my name is Marek and I’m looking for open-minded professionals who are not afraid to challenge the status-quo and drive change despite head-winds.
Together we will have a unique opportunity to create a start-up like organization from scratch, but with all the resources of a large multi-national corporation. Starting first with a baseline assessment, we will plot a course into the future where micro-services enable rapid pace delivery and DevOps approach is making our life a joy.
If you are tired of being one of the many, and would like to become one of the few, join me in our Digital Transformation journey.
Apart from the excitement of architecting the future, as a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for providing a Product Team with technical knowledge, guidance and deliverables that relates to designing, delivering and supporting bleeding edge applications, its components and interfacing them with an external world.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Collaborate with Agile Product Teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as code, configuration management and other DevOps-type techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
- Work closely with the Team to design web scalable solutions leveraging Iaas/PaaS services such as AWS, Azure and OpenShift.
- Evaluating the implications of key architectural decisions to guide team towards productive paths.
- Define and implement new change management strategies supporting continuous integration and deployment.
- Define and implement system management strategies optimized for rapid feedback and high availability.
- Document procedures / processes and train others on those – be the DevOps Evangelist and Coach Teams on how to best leverage CI tools.
- Administer and setup monitoring tools.
- Providing daily management of version control, CI system, monitoring, and alerting
- Troubleshoot and resolve build automation failures.
- Create, maintain and extend automated tooling for product delivery
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
- 5 – 10 years of experience as Windows/Linux Administrator
- 3 – 5 years of virtualization experience with VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V
- Working experience in cloud management technologies, specifically with the AWS, Azure and OpenShift
- Experience automating continuous product delivery for a large customer-facing website
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or similar)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions (such as statsd, DataDog, Confluence, Pager Duty)
- Experience integrating test automation with builds under CI
- Experience working with SQL and non-SQL databases
- Able to code in C+, C++, .NET, ASP, PHP, JAVA,
- Experience working within an Agile teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, low drama
- Ability to train others on technical and procedural topics.
- Demonstrated verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
- Strong business process/system analytical skills.
- competitive salary and benefits
- company kindergarten possibility
- private medical and dental care, life insurance
- subsidized meals in company restaurant
- remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
- employee pension plan
- multisport program
- holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
- wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
- free bike and car parking for all employees
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide.
PMI SCE was established in late 2005 in Krakow and since then is increasingly serving PMI affiliates’ financial accounting, human resources (HR), Procurement and Information Services (IT) needs in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
APPLY ON-LINE IN ENGLISH AT WWW.PMICAREERS.PL BY 07.11.2016
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted
Kode Pekerjaan PL-04780