LEARN TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY
... AND APPLY TO BE AN
R&D Procurement Manager
Are you a seasoned business oriented manager with a solid Scientific and Procurement experience? Do you like leading the sourcing and negotiations for innovative scientific projects? Do you like taking responsibility for finalizing agreements into your own hands with a wide spectrum of autonomy? Do you enjoy working in dynamic cross functional teams? Do you have excellent communication skills to foster collaboration with leading research institutes, high tech companies and international universities? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
We are looking to recruit an experienced procurement manager who understands R&D strategies and is able to contribute to their successful execution by partnering with new solution providers as well as reinforcing the relationships with existing suppliers.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Philip Morris Products S.A. is seeking talented professionals to join our R&D team in our state-of-the-art facilities in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. PMI’s success as a company depends on a talented and diverse workplace: we are the first multinational company in Switzerland to be certified as an equal pay employer for men and women. If you are a qualified candidate, we urge you to apply.
The objective of PMI’s R&D team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
Our team of engineers in R&D work closely with our scientists to translate our latest developments into consumer-driven solutions via effective, efficient and compliant product design and implementing industrial processes to commercialize globally.
As a Procurement Manager you will play a key role in finding innovative solutions in terms of sourcing, suppliers and stakeholder management, creating a collaborative spirit and improving speed to market as well as contributing to PMI’s image of professionalism in the field of research.
• Understand the scientific research initiatives and the R&D strategies, define and implement the appropriate sourcing strategies that meet immediate and long term company’s needs.
• Identify, select, negotiate and recommend vendors.
• Negotiate and finalize contractual agreements that reflect companies’ requirements in the fields of Research, Legal, Finance and Procurement.
• Optimize sourcing conditions considering time, quality and costs aspects and ensure that the negotiated conditions remain despite changes arising all along the programs’ development.
• Develop strong partnership with strategic third parties, secure the sources of supplies and manage the vendors’ increasing performance through continuous improvement plans.
• Coordinate with other functions the roll out of cross functional projects.
• Preferably, a University degree in life sciences coupled with business development or commercial activities experience (within an international pharmaceutical, biotechnology or FMCG environment)
• Additional procurement degree would be a strong advantage
• Demonstrated experience in management of complex cross-functional projects
• Track record for sourcing, negotiating and securing collaborations in the field of research.
• Understanding of relevant markets dynamics and supply sources, i.e. potential suppliers, CROs
• Ability to cope with complex situations and deliver in a rapidly evolving environment
• Achievement-oriented with a solid analytical and problem solving approach
• Excellent project and time management skills, as well as ability to communicate, negotiate and influence
• Fluency in English is a must
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your fullest potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term PMI uses to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities, and industry-leading scientific substantiation, PMI aims to provide an RRP portfolio that meets a broad spectrum of adult smoker preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
* Reduced Risk Products (“RRPs”) is the term we use to refer to products with the potential to reduce individual risk and population harm in comparison to smoking combustible cigarettes. PMI’s RRPs are in various stages of development, and we are conducting extensive and rigorous scientific studies to determine whether we can support claims for such products of reduced exposure to harmful and potentially harmful constituents in smoke, and ultimately claims of reduced disease risk, when compared to smoking combustible cigarettes. Before making any such claims, we will rigorously evaluate the full set of data from the relevant scientific studies to determine whether they substantiate reduced exposure or risk. Any such claims may also be subject to government review and approval, as is the case in the USA today.
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.